In Case of Errors or Questions About Your Electronic Transactions
Telephone us at 815-740-3280 or write us at 801 S. Briggs Street, Joliet, IL if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the error or problem appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number.
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe there is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the date and the dollar amount of the suspected error.
We will investigate your complaint and will correct any error promptly. If we take more than 10 business days to do this, or 20 business days for a point-of-sale transaction, we will recredit your account for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. To qualify for this recredit, we require a written notice of the problem or complaint within 10 business days of your telephone call to us.
In Case of Errors or Questions about Your Line of Credit or Home Equity Loan
What To Do If You Think You Find A Mistake On Your Statement
If you think there is an error on your statement, write us at the address listed on your statement.
In your letter, give us the following information:
- Account information: Your name and account number.
- Dollar amount: The dollar amount of the suspected error.
- Description of problem: If you think there is an error on your bill, describe what you believe is wrong and why you believe it is a mistake.
You must contact us:
- Within 60 days after the error appeared on your statement.
- At least 3 business days before an automated payment is scheduled, if you want to stop payment on the amount you think is wrong.
You must notify us of any potential errors in writing. You may call us, but if you do we are not required to investigate any potential errors and you may have to pay the amount in question.
While we investigate whether or not there has been an error the following are true:
- We cannot try to collect the amount in question, or report you as delinquent on that amount.
- The charge in question may remain on your statement, and we may continue to charge you interest on that amount. But, if we determine that we made a mistake, you will not have to pay the amount in question or any interest or other fees related to that amount.
- While you do not have to pay the amount in question, you are responsible for the remainder of your balance.
- We can apply any unpaid amount against your credit limit.
Daily Balance Calculation for Line of Credit
We figure the interest charge on your account by applying the periodic rate to the "daily balance" of your account for each day in the billing cycle. To get the daily balance, we take the beginning balance of your account each day, add any new advances and subtract any payments or credits and any unpaid interest or other finance charges. This gives us the "daily balance."