It’s possible with a CD — get no risk and all reward. Choose your term to earn a guaranteed fixed rate.
- Competitive Interest
- Guaranteed Earnings
- Wide Range of Terms
- Competitive, fixed rates higher than standard savings
- Interest can be paid monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually
- Interest may also be paid at maturity for terms of one year or less
- Receive higher rates by selecting a longer term
- Provides more guarantee than other, more risky investments
- Set aside for future savings goals
- A wide range of terms available (from 3 months to 5 years)
- No setup or maintenance fees
- Early withdrawals subject to penalty1
- $1,000.00 minimum deposit to open
CDARS® is one of the safest and smartest tools for investors looking to protect their large-dollar investments while earning CD-level returns that may compare favorably to Treasury and money market funds.
CDs placed through CDARS offer investors (including institutional investors, such as corporations, foundations, and endowments):
- access to multi-million-dollar FDIC insurance;
- the ease of working through one trusted relationship, earning one rate per maturity, and receiving consolidated statements;
- the ability to forego ongoing collateral tracking;
- the power of daily compounding; and
- a finite maturity date (in contrast to auction-rate or some adjustable-rate securities).
Investing through CDARS can be a strong alternative to Treasuries. Like Treasuries, FDIC insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government.
Placement of funds through the CDARS service is subject to the terms, conditions, and disclosures in the service agreements, including the Deposit Placement Agreement (“DPA”). Limits apply. Although funds are placed at destination banks in amounts that do not exceed the FDIC standard maximum deposit insurance amount (“SMDIA”), a depositor’s balances at the relationship institution that places the funds may exceed the SMDIA (e.g., before CDARS settlement for a deposit or after CDARS settlement for a withdrawal) or be ineligible for FDIC insurance (if the relationship institution is not a bank). As stated in the DPA, the depositor is responsible for making any necessary arrangements to protect such balances consistent with applicable law. If the depositor is subject to restrictions on placement of its funds, the depositor is responsible for determining whether its use of CDARS satisfies those restrictions.
CDARS is a registered service mark of IntraFi Network LLC.